To Team or Not to Team
For the
project I will be working with Lucy. We decided this because we already spend
so much time together that we know we would work well together. I believe that
she will be a very reliable person to work with. She rarely misses assignments,
and she does them well. I know this because we have done assignments together
before and she completed them quickly and to the best of her ability. A
weakness that I have is that I tend to stray from the subject at hand and want
to talk about other things when I’m with her but one of her strengths that
counters my weakness is that she always brings it back to what we need to do. We
both have very similar personalities, so therefore we get along which makes a
group effort easier for both of us. In the article The Effect of Personality
Type on Team Performance it states that, “Personality types have an essential role for the success of IS development
team performance. Furthermore, there is a need to reflect on personality
compositions of members to better understand not only themselves, but other
members as well.” This backs up my claim that Lucy and I would be good partners
is because our personalities are so similar which allows us to work better
together. If we had nothing in common, we likely would not get along and this
would cause problems in a group situation.
I believe
one of her weaknesses is that sometimes large amounts of work can become too
much for her and she will want to take breaks a lot. This makes the amount of
work we must do take longer than it may. I have the same problem so this could
become a problem for both of us when we get farther into the project. I still
believe that we will be able to complete the project and do it well. We both
already trust that we will be a good team. We do almost everything together, so
we already have somewhat of a team dynamic developed that makes working with
each other easier from the start. In the second article it talks about
different things a group needs in order to be an effective team. The article
states, “The facilitated sessions help teams to comprehend where they fall
within five distinct pillars of teamwork: trust, conflict, commitment,
accountability, and results. It uses the Everything DiSC behavioral assessment
to establish a neutral language and help participants have productive
conversations to develop within these five competency areas.” We already have
an established trust, accountability, and commitment with each other. The other
two likely will be more developed as we work together. So, with 3/5 it’s
already off to a good start. Therefore, working with Lucy is good for me on
this project.
Comments
Post a Comment